Thursday, December 6, 2012

Feeling a little overwhelmed

Ok, my posts have been few and far between here recently. I have been working on my job performance and I finally (actually, since I've only worked at my place of employ now 8 months, it was very fast!) got a promotion and am working full time! 40 hours a week! Score! So, needless to say, I've been very busy. I had to get a babysitter for my daughter and I've had to buy a new car since mine died (see previous post with bird in air filter for more info!). So I'm now rocking a 2005 Mazda 6i that is burnt orange, fully loaded with black leather interior and all the trimmings. I've never had a leather-interior vehicle, so I'm excited! Plus, I've never had a loan in my name other than my student loans. This, to me, says my credit is improving! Weeee! Debt! XD I really am excited that I can be extended a line of credit, even if it is just a car loan for a used car. That makes me feel better about doing without to pay all my bills on time and getting any and all debt paid down and off.

Anyway! I've been knitting up a storm, recently! I've started on my nephew's baby blanket. He's due in December, toward the end, the exact date escapes me. But his nursery will be done in elephants and safari, so I'm making an *drumroll, please!* elephant blanket! Here it is. I had it about halfway done when the dogs ate it. And now I'm starting over again. I've also made a hat for my husband, and this headband for my daughter and also one for my friend, Stasi, while she was ill as a "get well soon" present. Not to mention some fingerless gloves for one of my friends at work who complained of cold hands while typing, and a custom designed cowl for a friend for her Halloween costume (again, eaten by the dogs, more on that later), and trying to finish my chilly podsters and the cupcake hat for my good friend, Devin. Phew! I'm tired just linking all those and thinking about it! I've went through quite a few tubes of arthritis cream for my hands in the past two months! I've also managed to teach two women at work to crochet in less than 10 minutes. Ok, well, not the WHOLE of crochet, but the basic, chaining, single stitch, turning chain, swatching, etc. When work is slow, it's nice to have something to do with your hands to keep the time passing by quickly.

So, now on to the dogs! We had a pitbull/bullmastiff mix and a lab/chow mix that were outside dogs. Then they started to disturb our neighbors' dogs and try and play frogger with trucks, so we started a "fence fund". Yes, we had dogs and no fence. No, we don't live in the city. And no, it's not a small plot of land. It's 7 acres deadsmack in the middle of nowhere. So we didn't feel a fence was necessary. The dogs had been trained to stay on the property and, up to that point, had done a very good job of it. But then they started to wander. So we started keeping them inside. Enter total destruction of home and happiness. So we got rid of the dogs. I tried desperately to give them away to a good home, but no bites. So they ended up at the shelter where I called once a week to check on them. One call told me they had been adopted out. My fears were allayed for that time. Now it's up to the new owners to see if they can "dogproof" their homes. We sure couldn't. They ate the drywall, plaster, paint, wallpaper, trim, flooring, yarn, couch, cuddler, ottoman, and diapers. So you can imagine why we couldn't afford the fence fund anymore. We needed to redo and furnish our home. But we're starting another fence fund and will take our time to build it up and make a very nice, high, safe fence for dogs that we WILL have in the future. Like over a year from now. Ok, on to a different topic, my heart is heavy with the memory of my dogs. :(

So my Christmas is filled with lots of handmade loving gifts and time with my family and I'm so happy. Well, there are ups and downs, but I prefer to look at the ups. Makes the down easier to bear, you know? I'll post more when I have more time. Work work work! :D

No comments:

Post a Comment