Monday, October 1, 2012

Better than I thought...

Ok, so remember when I said my truck was messing up? Well, turns out it wasn't as bad as we thought it was. One of the belts on it was coming loose and knocking the alternator, which was preventing my water pump from pumping fluid through my radiator to keep it cool. So my husband and father-in-law changed the belt, changed the oil, and changed the air filter. And wouldnt' you know it! I had a passenger aboard and never even knew it! Check this out... Sad, but I swear I didn't see him. I cried when my husband sent this to me...
See that white figure in the middle? That's a bird... That went through my grill and straight into my air filter. Lovely!

Anyway! I just found that rather amusing after the initial shock of finding a dead thing in my truck... Sometimes life gives you lemons. And instead of making lemonade, you find some vodka stashed in the lemon tree and make a vodka sour. Just sayin'.

Also, to add to my hand dyed yarn expedition! I am going to make a matching hat, scarf, and glove pattern for myself! I've never had a matching set and I figured, "Hey, I'm 22, why not make myself one?" So I'm going to. And I will post what I have in mind once I figure that out, myself. Right now I'm waiting on that darn yarn to dry. I've put it under a fan, blow-dryed it on a cool setting, spread it out, everything I can think of, but nothing is making it dry faster. Darn you, wool, and your water-resistance! *shakes fist angrily*

And I'm still searching for my own Halloween costume... I'm thinking something simple because this Halloween it's all about my daughter and her trick-or-treating. But I want her to be Yoda! I found the cutest Yoda costume at Walmart. It's only $16.95! Something like that online goes for almost $40! So here's to great finds in unexpected places!

Alright, dearies! I'm going to call this post quits for the moment. I'll find something exciting to post about again. Maybe...

No comments:

Post a Comment