Saturday, September 29, 2012

Spina Bifida Walk N' Roll! Woo!

This is the current fruit of my labor to make posters for the annual Spina Bifida Association of Kentucky's Walk N' Roll fundraiser! It's like the relay for life or race for the cure, but only for kids born with spina bifida. I made a few rounds at work and managed to scrap together $50ish. Money was so tight, anything that I would love to donate is put into gas, posters, and time to get my baby across the state to Louisville, Kentucky and do the walk. At 9 am EST... When we live in CST... *face palm*

Anyway! I am very excited about this! I'm hoping to raise even more money next year and actually have extra funds to donate a good portion of it, myself. I have had a few friends to help me work on these, though! At this point, I'm a little disappointed in myself for not being more involved. But I have had a few volunteers from my friends at work that have helped me create these beautiful little posters! I will even post one of myself... And the poster I masterminded... Don't laugh! Hurt my little feeling... Yes, I only have one. And right now it's shame. (Just kidding!)

There will be a guest speaker at the fundraiser tomorrow. He is like Tony Hawk, only in a wheelchair! It's AMAZING what people can do when they are passionate! His name is Aaron Fotheringham. You should definitely look him up! Wish us luck tomorrow!
The poster and I.
Whitney and her work of art. Thanks, Whitney!
Bridget and her masterpiece. Thanks, Bridget!

No comments:

Post a Comment